Kathy Zeamer's Blog
Boston ranks as the number seven city to look out for this year in growth by The Urban Land Institute which it published in its Real Estate Emerging Trend Report. The city is home to about 700, 000 people making the real estate market pretty significant.
Due to the city's economy, Boston is expected to have an employment growth rate that compares with the national level. It's considered one of the best US cities in terms of job growth and stability. A real estate investor in Boston should be aware of how relatively expensive investment properties are – and this year's trend doesn't seem any different.
For home sellers in the Boston market, the forecast shows that property sales would increase by 3.6% as against the national reduction of 2%. Within the New England Region, Boston seems like the best city to invest in real estate this year.
Detailed below are more reasons why Boston is arguably the best city to invest in the real estate market this year.
Recent estate marketing trend shows that millennials are the ones dominating the real estate market; they are buying homes in mass. Boston city is one of the cities in the world that attracts millennials. The Boston, real estate market, is vibrant with a lot of buyers offering more than the cost price to secure a property they love.
The city's population size has grown every year since 2004 because it attracts young people and immigrants from all over the world. The population growth is partly due to the city's good healthcare, biotech and educational jobs made available to everyone including immigrants.
Boston is considered one of the few cities in the world that produces a large number of skilled workers from its universities – many of which specializes in fields like medicine, finance, and biotech. The constant creation of jobs would make the city retain present residents and attract more from all over. The increase in population and it’s high paying job rates has made Boston one of the best market for real estate.
Because of how strong the demand is with a limited space to grow, properties bought in Boston real estate market are guaranteed to appreciate. In 2019, houses in the US would increase between 2% - 6% and Boston would be at the top of that range.
Due to the increase in interest rates on mortgages, prospective buyers are under a lot of pressure and are limited to what they can afford. Builders, on the other hand, are cutting down prices for new properties by about 6% making it affordable for buyers. If you are an intending investor, you shouldn't pass up a deal this good.
Prospective investors stand to benefit a lot from the Boston real estate market this year, and you do not want to be left out. Talk to a capable real estate agent to discuss your options.
If you plan to sell your house, you should be proactive. Because, in most cases, a proactive home seller is a successful home seller.
With a proactive approach, a home seller can find unique ways to differentiate his or her house from the competition. That way, this home seller can boost his or her chances of a quick, profitable home sale.
Now, let's take a look at three best practices for proactive home sellers.
1. Upgrade Your Home's Interior and Exterior
Ensure your house looks great both inside and out. By doing so, you can guarantee your residence will make a long-lasting impression on homebuyers.
When it comes to improving your home's interior, it pays to mop the floors, wipe down the walls and ceilings and perform assorted home interior maintenance. If you need extra help along the way, you can always hire a professional home cleaning company as well.
To upgrade your home's exterior, you should mow the lawn, remove dirt and debris from walkways and perform any necessary home siding repairs. Remember, your house only gets one chance to make a positive first impression. And if your home's exterior dazzles, it will increase the likelihood that a buyer will want to set up a home showing.
2. Conduct a Home Appraisal
What you paid for your house a few years ago is unlikely to match your home's value today. Luckily, a home appraisal can help you set a competitive price for your residence from day one.
During a home appraisal, a professional appraiser will examine your home's interior and exterior. He or she also will evaluate assorted housing market data and use all of this information to provide a property valuation.
After you receive a home appraisal report, you should review the report findings closely. By leveraging all of the report data, you should have no trouble establishing a competitive price for your residence.
3. Work with a Real Estate Agent
If you want to be a proactive home seller, you need to work with a real estate agent. In fact, a real estate agent will do everything possible to help you accelerate the home selling process and ensure you can get the best price for your house.
A real estate agent understands the ins and outs of selling a home and will teach you about the home selling journey. Plus, he or she will learn about your home selling goals and guarantee you can accomplish your aspirations.
Perhaps best of all, a real estate agent is happy to set up home showings and open houses, promote your residence to potential buyers and negotiate with a buyer's agent on your behalf. And if you have home selling questions, a real estate agent is happy to answer them.
There is no need to take a wait-and-see approach to selling your home. Instead, use the aforementioned tips, and you can become a proactive home seller.
540 Granby Rd, South Hadley, MA 01075
139 Harrison Avenue, Greenfield, MA 01301
New season, new life! That has been the mantra each time the end of the previous season approaches. To many people, the new season means a total overhaul on the way they live, the friends they keep and most especially, the food they consume. People take measures, set goals with hopes that by the end of the year, they will come out better than before.
In that spirit of resolution, people tend to make some dangerous decisions that could affect their health negatively in the long run. Most of these food resolutions do more harm than the intended aim. Here are some food resolutions that you should avoid.
1. Cutting out carbohydrates. For many looking for a way to lose some weights, the first advice they get is usually to cut out carbs from their diet. It is true that cutting away carbs will cause you to lose some weight. The logic is that the body is using up the stored glycogen in your muscles and liver, to make up for the ones you are not giving it, not necessarily because you are losing fat. The key here is to apply moderation.
2. Getting rid of fatty foods. Here is another common food resolution, especially people with oily skin who are looking for ways to get rid of acne caused by the blockage of skin pores. The appropriate decision shouldn't be to cut out fat, instead, focus on eating the right kind of fat. Good fats, which are monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats help your body a great deal. Apart from absorbing vitamins and building cell membranes, they also facilitate your ability to heal quickly and repair yourself.
3. Juicing. Some people believe they are taking care of their health by juicing to get more fruits and veggies into their system. Many also do this to lose weight and over the years, this has proved to be dangerous to the body. Juicing takes away all of the fibers from the fruits and vegetable but leaves the sugars which can lead to an increase in your blood sugar level. Juicing can be quite dangerous if done wrong.
4. Low-calorie diets. “Cut down on your calorie intake” has been a significant phrase health-conscious people tend to make often. They believe that the less calorie they consume, the better the meal is. However, be aware that a low-calorie diet is equally as dangerous as taking a massive amount of calories. The tip here is to apply moderation. Remember, you need energy, and without calories, you will be burning your body reservoirs, leading to unhealthy weight loss.
These are major food resolutions that people make that are harmful and please, avoid them at all cost. They do more harm than the intended result. If you have made a food resolution, now is the time to review them and make some adjustments. Speak to a doctor or dietitian if you are looking to make new food habits.